During 2017, the Nevada Tobacco Prevention Coalition will pursue the following strategic objectives:
- Promote the expansion of tobacco-free workplaces and outdoor public spaces in Nevada.
- Address the legislative, regulatory, and public health issues related to the growing use of electronic cigarettes and other tobacco products in Nevada.
- Advocate for expanded tobacco control funding in Nevada, including increased funding from Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) funds and from state revenue generated from taxes on cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- Address emerging public policy and health issues in tobacco, nicotine, and smoke-free prevention and control in Nevada.
- Strengthen and expand the capacity of the Coalition to fulfill its mission to reduce the public health and financial burden of tobacco use and nicotine addiction in Nevada, including smoking and use of electronic products.
For more information on NTPC’s 2017 priorities and strategic plan, please contact NTPC President John Packham at firstname.lastname@example.org or Policy Workgroup Chair Michael Hackett at email@example.com.